Friday, April 10, 2015

Lesson 10-Whew!

I have to say my personal fave discovery was Ancestry and HeritageQuest.  There is so much information on family history in those two data bases.  I had no idea they would be so fun to search!  Next I would have to say I really liked World Books.  I will really be showing it to students and parents more now that I can navigate them a bit better.  I have been telling parents/kids about these databases but not confident enough to show them...not anymore!  I will be personally showing them all these really great resources for their school reports!  I do have to say that Mango Languages was one that I was just sort of familiar with as I had two patrons ask about it, but it was also in my top three favorites.  It's such a great program that is really easy to navigate.

I will be making a Facebook post, a sign for my desk and anyone that comes in to research school papers, or family history, or cars will be getting a quick lesson from me.  I'm sad that I did not utilize these more previously.  This was a great learning experience and I'm glad I took the time (last minute but hey!  I got all the lessons done!) to take this Challenge.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy to hear how empowered you feel upon completing the Challenge, Raven! Congratulations!!! Take a bow!

    ReplyDelete